Friday, March 21, 2014

The Freedom

The Freedom

I was put in a pot and boiled
With onion, beans and tomatoes 
He oiled and cheesed us as if with care
Dropping water as he smiles.
He pushed us slow but  strange and hard
With novice knowledge, a condemned cook.

I floated  in the salted pond
Cold at first but burning slow
Fellow onions choked me stiff
Changing yellow with stinks to sniff 
Tattooed tomatoes blurred my sight
While bony beans entangled my legs
I swum my way but never out
As friendship turned to a survival bout.

We worked our ways to  different corners
Cops like cheese chained us never apart
The lid came atop and took our sun 
Drowning us under nights's dull cover.
Our bones fell apart and identity lost
With blood and flesh uniformly at mess
We felt our instinct sink in a wink
As we shrunk for the final blink.

My master forgot to set us free
Praising business that  keeps him busy
He charred us black and choked us dead
And left us perish in his forgetfulness. 
My soul rose from the amber afresh
Sensing freedom quick at last.
He ran to us in curse of my smell
Coughing high with half closed eyes.

Quick my Master took off the  lid
I jumped out fast and loitered as lead
My soul ran through his empty room
Foggy with our escaped souls
I caught my path through crack in the door
Marched with pride in all neighbors' rooms
They coughed common in a melodious  tune
We danced our final freedom song. 

My master be cursed, I sense it soon. 
Heard it loud the neighbors' whine
We  looked our last and followed the moon
Left our master cook curse to dine.

No comments:

Post a Comment